What does Capitalise do?
Capitalise is a specialist cloud-based tool designed to calculate bespoke Duxbury calculations tailored to your client's circumstances.
With Capitalise, you can carry out conventional calculations where you work from an income required to a capital sum, or a reverse calculation whereby you work from a capital sum to establish a required income.
Income, capital and pension receipts are all taken into account in the calculation to provide an accurate guideline calculation.
A fully formatted report displaying your calculation result and a year-by-year breakdown can be downloaded as an excel or PDF document to support your case in court.
Although I acknowledge that there may be the odd case where an expert is required to carry out a very clearly defined and tailored Duxbury calculation, in the vast run of cases it is inappropriate to reach beyond the Duxbury tables in At A Glance, or the Capitalise programme for a more advanced formula.
Often during a hearing, as issues crystallise, the judge will ask for specific calculations to be carried out; indeed, I did just that in this case. The underlying assumptions can be adjusted on the Capitalise programme if required.
Key features & benefits
- Carry out conventional calculations (working from an income required to a capital sum) or reverse calculations (working out the income a specific capital sum will provide).
- Add income requirements (in a conventional calculation), income receipts, capital receipts and pensions receipts to each calculation. These variables can be adjusted for the whole of the term, for year, or between a set number of years.
- There is no limit to how many calculations you can create for each client.
- Adjust variables such as inflation, income yield and capital growth, Income Tax and allowances, Capital Gains Tax and State Pension.
- Calculations can be for life, or a specified period.
- Reduce, or enhance, the income requirement at a certain point during the term.
- Capitalise reports include the calculation result, a summary page, and a detailed breakdown of the result for each year of the calculation.
- The detailed results can be imported to Excel, or downloaded as a formatted PDF report.
- The cloud-based software can be accessed through your internet browser, whether you are at home or in the office.
- Use on any device, using any operating system, including Apple.
- Ensure the initial capital is preserved at the end of the term, so it falls into the recipient’s estate.