Standard Family Orders Handbook: Volume One (3rd edition)
The approved source of guidance to the official Standard Family Court Orders, covering financial remedies, enforcement and other matters.
ISBN: Paperback | 978-1-80161-087-2
Frequently bought together
The Standard Family Orders Handbook: Volume One is the approved source of guidance to the official Standard Family Court Orders, covering financial remedies, enforcement and other matters.
HHJ Edward Hess, Deputy National Lead Judge, Financial Remedies Court, provides invaluable commentary on when and how to use each order, with a brief description of its purpose. The text of the orders is also interwoven with useful practice points from HHJ Hess. In addition, the colour coding in the approved orders has been reproduced so that you can easily see what to amend when drafting your orders.
What's new in the 3rd edition?
- The substantially revised orders in Volume 1 of the May 2023 release of the SFOS
- Directions supporting the Statement on the Efficient Conduct of Financial Remedy proceedings
- The new terminology for divorces and directions relevant to remote hearings
- All the orders are accompanied by fully updated commentary from HHJ Hess
New orders added include:
- Consent Order under the Accelerated First Appointment Procedure
- Third Party Disclosure Order
- Order for Leave to Make Application under MFPA 1984 Pt III
- Free-standing Maintenance Pending Suit Order
- Directions Order on Application for Permission to Appeal
978-1-80161-086-5 Standard Family Orders Handbook Volume 1: 3rd Edition | ePUB
978-1-80161-087-2 Standard Family Orders Handbook Volume 1: 3rd Edition | Paperback
I commend this edition to those who practice in this area of work; whether tasked with drafting a specific order or not, it is an invaluable resource to all
'Edward Hess has worked rapidly, and with herculean industry, to produce this enormously helpful updated third edition in which all the updated money orders are printed in full with its trademark ‘blue box’ comments.'
The Standard Family Orders Handbook has the tremendous benefit for the practitioner not only of presenting full versions of all the orders in published book form for the first time, but also the very great assistance of the author's editorial comments, in which he uses his considerable experience as a barrister and judge in the family justice system to identify when particular orders, or particular parts of orders, might sensibly be used.
This volume includes:
- Financial Proceedings Directions Orders
- Financial Remedy Final Orders
- Miscellaneous Interim Remedies Orders
- Enforcement Orders
- Committal Related Orders
- Arbitration Related Orders