What is Capitalise?
Capitalise, originally developed by the late Sir Peter Singer and Mr Justice Mostyn, is a calculating program that produces tailored Duxbury calculations and reports.
What calculations can Capitalise produce?
Capitalise produces both conventional and reverse calculations. This means you can work from a lump sum to show the income it will produce over a set period or life. Or, you can produce a reverse calculation to work out the income a specific capital sum will provide.
How can I tailor the calculation to my client?
Capitalise has many variables that you can change to create a bespoke calculation, including:
- The life expectancy is auto-populated from the ONS18 table. However you can adjust this if you know your client has health conditions etc.
- Calculations can be for life or for a specified period.
- Choose to preserve the capital at the end of the term and inflate the preserved capital.
- Inflation, income yield and capital growth are inserted as default values, but all can be adjusted to your own figures.
- Choose to exclude UK income tax or use a blind person's allowance.
- Choose how you calculate Capital gains Tax (No CGT, drawdown, recycle, recycle with drawdown)
- Include or exclude the new state pension
- Enter an income requirement for the whole of term, or between specified years' or ages.
- Change how often the income requirement should be applied (Every year, every 3 years etc).
- Increase or decrease the income requirement by an amount or percentage in X number of years.
- Enter income receipts, capital receipts and pensions receipts.